Friday, September 17, 2010

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head!!

We got LOTS of rain yesterday!  I went to get Landry from school and had got 4-5 sprinkles on the way, but by the time I got him and drove out of the parking lot, it was a full blown gully washer.
It was hailing towards our house so the kids and me went to the shop for awhile to wait it out.  Needless to say it didnt stop, so we finally just left.

We went driving around yesterday evening to see all the water, so I snapped a few pics.
This is WalMart Lake.  I don't think all the runoff had reached it yet, cause it wasn't near as full as it should've been for 3-5 inches of rain.
This is across from the lake in Lowe's parking lot
We drove out to Medi-Park too and got to really see the effects of the storm!
I wish we would've gone a little sooner because as fast as it was running off, I bet it was really high!
One of the pinic stands under water
You can barely see the handrail on the walking bridge that crosses the pond!

We also went by our old house.  This lake is by it and it's usually really low. 
I think it's so pretty when it's full!

We are so glad for all the rain!  We definetly needed it!

Shout out to my Aunt Diane who we really enjoyed getting to see the past few days!  Too bad I'm horrible and didn't get any pictures.  Landry LOVED entertaining her and Ansley loves anyone who will hold her!  Thank you again so much for Ansley's sweet clothes!  I can't wait to put her in them!  Hope we get to see you again soon Diane!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys got the rain and stayed safe. Also, totally jealous of my mom right now.

Grandma said...

WOW.... Glad it rained and you got the good pictures. Very interesting to look at. You have a real talent with you camera. I enjoyed the family gathering at your house while Diane was here and got to see the kids playing and having a good time together. Landry can sure keep up with his cousins. Ansley is a pretty little doll like her Mother.

Diane said...

Certainly enjoyed the short time I was with you guys. Landry "cracks" me up and Ansley is sure a sweetie. Sorry I didn't get to see Chris. I had my camera too but I'm terrible about remembering to take photos. Come see us when you can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0