Monday, May 4, 2009

Life is like a box of chocolates...

You never know what you're gonna get!
I do believe that Forest Gump said it best!

Majority of the chocolates are soft and gooey, but every once in a while, you get a nut!

If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would be married to a small town, country lovin', John Deere wearin', get your hands dirty, western movie guru, fireman type of guy, I don't know that I would have believed you! But, like I said, you never know what you're gonna get!(ps. I sometimes like to think that he's the nut in my box of chocolates!)

If you would've told me 10 years ago that I would be a secretary for my dad & uncle still, instead of a nurse, I really don't think I would've believed you! Now, in reality, this would be where the nuts fit in (I kid you not and actually, nuts is probably a little too nice). But, like I said, you never know what you're gonna get!

If you would have told me 10 years ago, that the only child I have would just now be almost 6 months old, I would not have believed you. But, you never know what you're gonna get!

(PS. I'm pretty sure he's the soft and gooey part of my chocolates!)

Truth is, life is like a box of chocolates! Regardless of what type of plan you may have for your life, things change! I figured by this age, I would be married, be a nurse, have 2 kids and be well on my way to perfect bliss!

No one plans on meeting the wrong "one" before finding your prince.

No one plans on changing your career path.

No one plans on a miscarriage.

But from all these things, my life is bliss! The journey to get here may not be what I had imagined, but the end destination could not be better! I have a loving, firefighting, strong, hunk of a husband. I have a great job that allows me to have a flexible schedule. And I have the most adorable, rolly-polly, big-smiled, large hearted little boy!

Life may be like a box of chocolates...

but I definitely think I chose the best ones!

Have a wonderful day!







2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm not quite sure if you are the nut or Chris regardless you two are perfect for each other.

Anonymous said...

love to have my tongue right up in that tight lil ass

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0